Wednesday 15 September 2010

Can't beat a Ol' Classic!

For all my intrigue into cooking food from far away places and discovering new tastes, you can't beat a 'ween-a spuds', veg with gravy and some form of meat! (if you are that way inclined!)


I reminded myself of this by making toad in the hole for tea yesterday. :P
Using a Delia recipe for the batter and some decent Cumberland sausages I made individual portions. Load of spuds boiled up and turned into mash with some butter and milk!  I was just in from work so didn't make my gravy from scratch, I used bistro with a dash of worchester sauce and mustard. 






DEEE-HEEE-VINE!


Oooh and tonight, following that theme I made Sponge pudding with Strawberry jam and custard!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh looks good... your right ye cant beat an old classic ;)

    ReplyDelete