Thursday 2 September 2010

Faery Favourite Recipe #1 : Fruity Baked Cheesecake

My first recipe favourite!!
Just so you know my writing is in green so my additions to the recipe are clear!

I purchased a fabulous little cookbook called 'Easy Everyday Desserts' 
( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Desserts-Easy-Everyday-Quadrille-Publishing/dp/1844007855/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283452182&sr=1-1 ). 
I believe it cost me £2.00 on offer! It is a collection of many chefs recipes which have been tried out by BBC Good Food magazine. 
I straight away went for the Fruity Baked Cheesecake, partially because I love baked cheesecake and the other reason being that my boyfriend and I had given up chocolate for lent.
It was my first attempt at baking a cheesecake and I have to say it was delicious!!

Fruity Baked Cheesecake
by Jenny White

50g (2oz) Unsalted Butter, softened
150g (5oz) Digestive Biscuits, crushed
75g (3oz) Sultanas or Raisins*
Grated Zest and juice of 1 Lemon*
450g (1lb) Mascarpone Cheese (I have tried with Cream Cheese and it works fine!!)
100g (3 1/2oz) Caster Sugar
2 Egg Yolks, beaten
2 tbsp Cornflour
200ml (7floz) Sour Cream

(1 tbsp Vanilla Essence or flavouring)

1. Preheat the oven to 200 (or 180 for fan), gas mark 6. Grease a 20cm (8in) springform cake pan and line with baking paper. Place the crushed biscuits and butter in a bowl and combine well 
(can add a tsp cinnamon or nutmeg to taste!). Transfer to the cake pan and press down well into the base to form a crust. Bake for just 7 minutes and leave to cool.

2. Put the raisins or sultanas and lemon juice in a small pan and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the mascarpone
(or cream cheese) and sugar until smooth. Stir the egg yolks into the mascarpone with the lemon zest, cornflour, sour cream and fruit (and vanilla).

3. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden. Allow to cool completely, then remove from the cake pan

Hope it turns out well! :)

I also serve my cheesecake with a mixed fruit coulis, just by boiling down tinned, frozen or fresh berries with sugar and water. 

*If you aren't partial to lemon or sultanas they can be left out without any change to the rest of the recipe!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment